Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful



This month I will be posting as part of National Health Blog Post Month. I will be posting for 30 days about different topics in regards to parenting a Type 1 Diabetic and Social Media.

Today's topic is "Write a #ListOf3 Things that you’re thankful for / excited about / or inspired by"

Wow a list if only 3 things I am thankful for can be hard, there are so many things in my life that I am thankful for as I am very blessed in my life.

Well I guess let's get started .....

1st off I am thankful for my daughter, my angel in heaven, and my son. I started off my parenting journey fairly young at the age of 20, this made me grow up quickly as I knew that I had to take care of this amazing bundle of joy and help her become the best person that she could be. I would never ever change that. 4 years later we got pregnant again but unfortunately for whatever reason God deemed necessary we lost that precious baby 8 weeks into the pregnancy. Even though it was heartbreaking I am still glad that I was blessed with this pregnancy because it proves just how fast a life can be taken away, there one minute, gone the next. Six months later we were pregnant again, this time my son was born and boy oh boy does he give me a run for my sanity, even at his craziest days I am still so thankful that God has entrusted me with 2 amazing beautiful children that are here on earth with me and one in heaven with himself watching over us and making sure that we are always taken care of.

I am also thankful to my loving supporting husband. We have been together since our junior year of high school, yes ladies and gentleman even in today's day and age couples DO stay together through thick and thin. We have now been together for 12 years, married for 8. I am thankful that he is always there for me to support whatever crazy decisions I am choosing that day. He may not understand what the passion is that's drives me to do the diabetes education and advocacy stuff but he still supports me every step of the way. He helps with raising our amazing children, he works hard to provide financially for our family, he tries his very best every day to make me the happiest woman on the earth and he never wants to see me hurting. We have had our great times and we have had our bad times but no matter what we always stick by each other and work through it. He is my other half, he is my soul mate, and I am so very thankful for him being in my life and the best father to our 2 kids.

Last but not least and you may think this is not something to be thankful for but I am .... I am thankful for the diabetes diagnosis that we received. Now don't get me wrong I am NOT wishing this diagnosis on ANYONE and especially not my daughter BUT if it was in our cards to live with this disease like it obviously was I am thankful for it. Now you may ask why ... Why are you thankful for a diabetes diagnosis? Well I am thankful because I meet other families who are also affected, I get to help support them on this unending journey, I get to educate the uneducated, I have found my personal passion, what I eventually want to do with the rest of my life, I want to change the world one uneducated person at a time, one family at a time by supporting them and being there in all their needs, by learning as much as I personally can, and by just being there to be an ear to listen to and a shoulder to cry on if needed. Diabetes has made me me ... It has helped mold me as a mother, daycare provider, and friend. Diabetes has made me appreciate my children even more .... Diabetes has made me thankful that we live in a day in age where Aly can test her blood sugars at home and not only at a Drs. office, that there is life saving insulin available, that there are so many technical advances that diabetes is only a minor inconvenience and not a death sentence. I am thankful for diabetes because I can help and make a difference. 


No comments: