- Your First Name:
- How long has your child been a Type 1 Diabetic?
- How old is your child?
- For the management of your child’s Type 1 Diabetes are they on an insulin pump (If on pump which one) or multiple daily injections?
- What made you choose this method for management?
- How confident are you with managing your child’s diabetes?
- What does a typical day look like in your household in regards to diabetes management?
- What does a typical day’s diet look like?
- Besides a cure what 1 thing would you like to see researchers working towards and why?
- What tips or advice would you give to other parents of newly diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic children/teens?
- What would you like to see more of out of the Diabetes Online Community?
- What is your favorite thing about the Diabetes Online Community and why?
- What is your least favorite thing about the Diabetes Online Community and why?
- What 1 thing would you like to see discussed in the Diabetes Online Community that is not discussed enough?
Sunday, July 1, 2012
What is it like to be?
So I have decided to do a multi-segment blog post about What is it like to be ... a mom of a type 1 diabetic, a dad of a type 1 diabetic, a child with type 1 diabetes, a teen with type 1 diabetes, an adult with type 1 diabetes, an older type 1 diabetic (60+), and a family member of a type 1 diabetic.
I am trying to every aspect of the Type 1 diabetes triangle because we all know that diabetes management is a family affair and I know that I personally do not always know all the aspects of how this disease affects each member in the triangle so I am on a mission to get the answers direct from the mouths of all sides.
I hope you are interested in reading all the aspects just like I am. We are going to start our segment off with mothers of type 1 diabetics so please keep your eyes out for these posts that will be posted several a day
Here are the ?'s that we are getting answered from mothers of type 1 diabetics.
Posted by Voice of the D-Mom