Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving as well as my 29th Birthday, Tomorrow is a day to reflect back on life and the past year and be thankful for all the things that life has given you, thrown your way, and drained from you. Tomorrow is a day of remembrance, a day to remember all things big and small that have happened over the last 29 years.

So you may ask ...What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for so many things!!!

I am thankful that my parents gave birth to me, if they had not done that well then I wouldn't be sitting here writing this right now. I may not have the best relationship with either one of them but in the end they gave me life.

I am thankful for my 2 aunts, both of whom have been there for me whenever I was down and needed help back up wether it be financially, emotionally, of physically. They have never turned their backs but always been right there when needed and even when not needed.

I am thankful for the crazy things I did when I got out of high school while not the best decisions made in my life those decisions taught me a lot. They taught me how I did not want to live the rest of my life, they showed me what life could have been like if I chose that road and that is NOT the life I wanted for my self.  

I am thankful for my husband. We have been together since the summer before my senior year of high school, some times have been better than others like any relationship but no matter what we are still together all these years later, going strong, and have only a lifetime to go.

I am thankful for my 2 amazing children here on earth with me and one up in heaven with God. While the loss of my 2nd pregnancy to miscarriage was and still is at times very hard it just made me cherish my son and daughter that much more!! It truly showed me how a life can be there one moment and gone the next. 

I am thankful for living in a day in age when insulin in readily available through a pharmacy, we can test blood glucose at home with technology that can give us the answer in 5 seconds or less, technology has made insulin pumps so that a person can have what is ultimately a IV system that gives small does of that life saving insulin to them to keep them alive. 

I am thankful for the Diabetes Online Community, this family community has shown me and taught me things I NEVER would have known otherwise, the support system is like none other, and they all get it, they get what it is like to raise a child with Type 1 Diabetes, they get what life throws at you with this disease.

I am thankful for food!!! So many people in the world today do not have enough food to eat in any given day or meal. I am thankful that we have plenty of food on our table to feed our bellies. Food is our fuel and we all need fuel. 

I am thankful for my job. My job allows me to stay at home with my children but also help raise other people's children and help grow their brains and personality while also making an income.

I am thankful for so so many things, this list goes on and on but I know you don't want to read every detail about what I am thankful for.

During this holiday season please give forward and remember those that may need help this season.

God bless all of you

No comments: